Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 116 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
lebaobei123 Offline

15.05.2019 09:32
the offence has been Antworten

MILWAUKEE -- The off-season signing of free agent starter Bronson Arroyo is paying off for the Arizona Diamondbacks. The 15-year veteran has been mentoring young teammates since spring training. And after a rough patch on the mound in April, hes off to a splendid start himself in May. Arroyo kept the Milwaukee Brewers at bay with off-speed stuff, allowing an unearned run and five hits in 7 1-3 innings, to lead Arizona over the Milwaukee Brewers 3-2 Wednesday. Paul Goldschmidt hit a two-run homer for the second straight game for the Diamondbacks, who have won five of seven after starting the season 8-22. Arroyo (3-2) has been one of the sparks, going 2-0 with an 0.87 ERA in his last three starts. "Hes throwing the ball good. Hes been trending in this direction and in total command today," manager Kirk Gibson said. Wily Peralta (4-2) allowed 11 hits, tying his career high, and two runs in six innings. The right-hander had trouble all afternoon locating his pitches, including a fastball that can reach 96 mph. Arroyo doesnt throw nearly that hard, but he was even more effective against the free-swinging Brewers. "Its hard as a hitter to go up that way. You think you get a fastball and then you sit off-speed," manager Ron Roenicke said. "The more swingers you have in your lineup, the more youll have trouble with him." Arizona stranded 13 runners, including leaving men at third three times through the seventh. The right-handed Arroyo made up for Arizonas shortcomings at the plate with his outing on the mound. He made Jonathan Lucroy flail on an 86 mph sinker to start the seventh with a strikeout, and ended the inning by striking out Mark Reynolds on a slider. Its a far cry from a few weeks ago when Arroyo didnt make it out of the fifth and allowed a combined 18 hits and 14 runs in back-to-back outings against the Mets and Cubs. Hes backing up his encouraging words to teammates with solid starts again. "You try to do all the little things and field your position," Arroyo said in recounting talks to younger players. "All those types of things matter. Especially for a guy like me, Im not overpowering so I have to take everything I can." Addison Reed got his 10th save in 11 chances despite giving up a run in the ninth when Scooter Gennett doubled down the left-field line and scored two batters later on Lyle Overbays sacrifice fly. Reed struck out Reynolds swinging on a high fastball to end the game. The Brewers are now 2-6 after opening with a big league-best 20-7 record. With third-place hitter Ryan Braun out with an oblique injury and cleanup hitter Aramis Ramirez slumping badly, the offence has been choppy -- leaving less margin for error for a pitching staff off to a strong start overall. "I know the lineups not the same, but we still have enough guys in there that I think we should be scoring some runs," Roenicke said. "Well get it going, well figure it out." Arizona escaped a jam in the eighth after the Brewers put two on with one out. Pinch-hitter Rickie Weeks then lined a single off reliever Brad Ziegler that loaded the bases for Carlos Gomez -- who hit the next pitch sharply into an inning-ending 6-4-3 double play that elicited groans from hometown fans. Arizona is finding its way on the road. Goldschmidt hit an 0-1 pitch for his seventh homer of the year after Martin Prado led off the third with a single. "This whole road trip I think our bats are getting better. Were starting to drive the ball a little bit," Gibson said. "Were starting to get better." NOTES: Arroyo is among eight active pitchers to have appeared in a game at Milwaukees old home, County Stadium. Miller Park opened in 2001. ... 3B Ramirez got a day off. The veteran is hitting .089 (5 for 35) since April 17. ... Both teams get a day off Thursday. Brandon McCarthy (1-5) starts for the Diamondbacks on Friday when they open a three-game interleague series in Chicago against the White Sox. Brewers ace Yovani Gallardo (2-1) opens a three-game series against the visiting New York Yankees. John Elway Jersey . Mike Trout, Josh Hamilton and Kole Calhoun all homered to help the Los Angeles Angels get their first win of the season with an 11-1 rout of the Houston Astros. Shannon Sharpe Jersey .com) - Scott Parel carded a 5-under 65 on Thursday and he grabbed a 1-stroke lead after one round of the season-opening Panama Claro Championship. http://www.thebroncosstoreonline.com/You...roncos-Jerseys/. Seriously. Seven years of losing has brought many different faces, players and management, to the annual pre-season get-to-know-the-team round up. Peyton Manning Jersey . Bayern winger Franck Ribery marked his league return after recovering from a cracked rib by scoring two goals and setting up two more as the league leaders inflicted the heaviest home defeat on Bremen in the Bundesliga. DeMarcus Ware Jersey . Lineup news, Fantasy tips and more in Scott Cullen’s Statistically Speaking. HEROES Blake Comeau – The Penguins winger had a hat trick in a 4-3 overtime win against Toronto.RIDGEDALE, Mo. -- Jay Haas will be going to the Presidents Cup for the fourth straight time, and this time hell be giving the speeches. The PGA Tour selected Haas to be the U.S. captain for the 2015 matches in South Korea in what amounts to a role reversal. After three years as an assistant captain to Fred Couples -- all three U.S. victories -- Haas will in charge and Couples will be his assistant. Nick Price was selected to return as captain for an International team that has one only once since this event began 20 years ago. "I didnt really aspire to be a captain -- never thought that would be in the cards for me," Haas said. "But being involved with the last three teams along with Fred ... maybe thought someday that could happen. Theres so many people who are deserving of this seat right here. I just feel like Im very blessed to be sitting here representing the United States. And hopefully, I wont screw this thing up too badly." Couples had been captain three straight times, twice opposite Greg Norman and last year against Price at soggy Muirfield Village.dddddddddddd The Americans won, 18 1/2-15 1/2, to remain unbeaten at home. The International teams only win was in 1998 at Melbourne. The teams tied in 2003 in South Africa. Haas played in the inaugural Presidents Cup in 1994, and was a captains pick for the 2003 team. The Presidents Cup will be Oct. 8-11, 2015, at the Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea, the first time it has been held in Asia. The only continent where it has not been played (among those with players eligible for the International team) is in South America. Price called last year a "learning experience" and was happy to get another chance. "I just want to thank the players who were on the team last year because without them, I dont think Id be sitting here again," he said, adding that PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem polled the players "so I must have done something right." Price appointed K.J. Choi of South Korea to be his vice captain. Choi played on three teams, but not since 2011. 19:38ET 04-06-14 Cheap Bills Jerseys Authentic Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Patriots Store Cyber Monday Jets Jerseys Cyber Monday Texans Jerseys Black Friday Colts Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Titans Store Black Friday Broncos Jerseys Cheap Chiefs Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Authentic Chargers Jerseys Cheap Ravens Store Black Friday Steelers Jerseys Black Friday Cowboys Jerseys Cheap Giants Store Cheap Eagles Store Black Friday Redskins Jerseys Falcons Jerseys Online Panthers Jerseys Online Authentic Saints Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Authentic Cardinals Jerseys Black Friday 49ers Jerseys Black Friday Seahawks Jerseys Cyber Monday Rams Jerseys Black Friday Bears Jerseys Wholesale Lions Jerseys Packers Jerseys Online Authentic Vikings Jerseys Cyber Monday Bengals Jerseys Cyber Monday Browns Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz