Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 101 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
lebaobei123 Offline

22.05.2019 02:51
"Youve got to show up a Antworten

PENTICTON, B.C. -- Hunter Shinkaruk has a second chance to make a first impression. The 19-year-old left-winger was selected by the Vancouver Canucks 24th overall at the 2013 draft when Mike Gillis was the teams general manager and John Tortorella was its head coach. Shinkaruk was among the final cuts at training camp last season before being returned to the WHLs Medicine Hat Tigers, where he suffered a hip injury that eventually ended his year. Now back healthy, and with both Gillis and Tortorella gone after Vancouvers disastrous 2013-14 season, Shinkaruk has an opportunity to start fresh in the organization that drafted him. "With so many new people in the upper management and the coaching staff youve got to come in and show them what youre all about," said Shinkaruk. "Last years camp is basically out the window. It doesnt matter too much. Ive got to come in and play my game and let them know what kind of player I am. "First impression is pretty huge in any profession so Ive just got to go out there and do my best." Shinkaruk is among the players taking part in the Canucks four-team rookie tournament in Penticton that also includes prospects from the Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers and Winnipeg Jets. Canucks GM Jim Benning and head coach Willie Desjardins will have lots to mull over, including a number of players like Shinkaruk who they had no part in drafting. "I think youve just got to come in and play your game," said the outgoing Shinkaruk. "Obviously we all have an opportunity to catch the GM and coachs eye, and thats what youve got to do. Weve got to go out there, have fun, but most of all, play our game. Im sure if I do that everything will work out well." Shinkaruk played just 18 games last season for the Tigers before undergoing surgery on his hip after being cut from Canadas world junior hockey camp, but in his 2013 draft year the five-foot-10, 185-pound Calgary native amassed 37 goals and 49 assists in 64 games. "Obviously last year was a pretty emotional year," said Shinkaruk. "I went through a lot. It feels really good to be back on the ice and know my hips 100 per cent." Among the other players under the microscope at the rookie tournament who should be at the Canucks training camp when it gets underway on Thursday are centre Bo Horvat and right-winger Nicklas Jensen. Horvat was selected ninth overall in 2013 with the pick the team received in the trade with the New Jersey Devils for goaltender Cory Schneider, and like Shinkaruk, he knows hes starting from scratch. "Im just playing my game, playing a good two-way game and making a good first impression on the new (coaches)," said 19-year-old from Rodney, Ont. "This is the first time some of them have seen some of us play and this tournament is a good opportunity to show our stuff and show them why we deserve to be here." Travis Green coaches the Utica Comets, Vancouvers AHL affiliate, and is in charge of the Canucks rookie team. The former NHLer has been impressed with Horvat, who had 30 goals and 44 assists in 54 games with the OHLs London Knights in a 2013-14 campaign that included a spot on Canadas world junior team. "Hes a real good player, without a doubt. He does a lot of good things that go unnoticed," said Green, who coached against Horvat when he was behind the bench of the WHLs Portland Winterhawks at the 2013 Memorial Cup. "Hes a guy that you know is going to play the right way. He doesnt cheat to make offence. He just plays a good 200-foot game. I really like him as a player." Its possible Shinkaruk could be sent to the AHL if he doesnt make the Canucks, but its either the NHL or back to junior for Horvat, who might get a nine-game tryout with Vancouver to start the season before his entry-level deal kicks in. "For me I just dont want to make things too cute -- just play my game, play the way I got noticed in the first place," he said. "I cant play out of my comfort zone. Ive got to play the way that got me here." The six-foot, 206-pound Horvat gets extra attention from fans and media because of the goalie controversy that precipitated the draft-day trade that brought him to Vancouver, but he said its something that hasnt really crossed his mind much recently. "Im sure its going to be brought up throughout my whole career, being part of the Schneider trade," said Horvat. "I try not to think about it too much. Hes a goaltender, Im a player." Another Vancouver prospect with legitimate NHL aspirations this season at the rookie tournament is left-winger Niklas Jensen. He split time between the Comets and Canucks last season, registering three goals and three assists in 17 NHL games. The 29th overall selection at the 2011 draft, Jensen is at his third rookie tournament -- which could be viewed as a slight -- but instead hes embracing the opportunity. "Youve got to show up and prove that you want to be here every night," said the 21-year-old from Herning, Denmark. "I had a good little run last year but I kind of have to forget about that and start all over and work as hard as you can when you get out there and prove that you want to earn a spot." Like any player looking to make an NHL roster, Jensen know its a numbers game, with maybe one forward spot open on the Canucks after a number of new faces were brought in up front to compete for jobs. "If you do as well as they want you to do theyll give you a chance," said Jensen, who has good size at six foot two and 208 pounds. "Thats what were all here for, to take that opportunity. "Were all fighting for maybe one spot, if (that)." Green said its not uncommon for a player to take longer to develop in the professional ranks, as appears to be the case with Jensen. "Its a big jump for guys to the NHL at 19, 20, 21," said Green. "Sometimes it takes being 22, 23 years old when youre ready to play there full time. Its definitely not make or break time for him." For his part, Shinkaruk is just soaking up the experience, knowing that hes healthy and has a real chance to influence his immediate future in front of a new coach and GM. "Its just up to us and how well we play and how hard we come in. I wouldnt have it any other way," he said. "If someone told me four years ago Id be trying out for an NHL team and its up to the way I play, I would have taken that and smiled. "Its a pretty cool chance that I have and Im just trying to make the best of it." Note: Jake Virtanen, the sixth overall pick in June, is skating with the Canucks prospects but has not been cleared for contact after undergoing shoulder surgery in the spring. Torrey Smith Panthers Jersey . If there is one club built to handle an off-field controversy, its the Bill Belichick era Patriots. Even if New Englands offence stumbles a bit out of the gate, their defence can help them stay in games, especially in the AFC East with the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets in the first two weeks. Rashaan Gaulden Panthers Jersey . He scored two highlight-reel goals in a three-minute span -- the second on a sideways bicycle kick in the 78th minute -- to give the Whitecaps a 2-2 draw with the Portland Timbers before a crowd of 20,303 at B. http://www.shoppanthersonline.us/panther...es-blue-jersey/. According to the Red Wings Twitter feed, Zetterberg plans to practice with the team on Thursday and is aiming for a second round comeback. Marquis Haynes Panthers Jersey . Milan was held to 1-1 at home by Torino. Cagliari scored six minutes from halftime when Mauricio Pinilla blasted home from the penalty spot after Facundo Roncaglia tripped Marco Sau. The home side could have doubled its tally in stoppage time as first Fiorentina defender Stefan Savic almost scored an own goal then Albin Ekdals shot clipped the top of the upright. Dontari Poe Jersey . His Chicago Blackhawks teammates werent shocked when he found it. Kanes career has been defined by his brilliance in the Blackhawks biggest moments, and his tiebreaking goal with 3:45 to play in Game 6 of the Western Conference finals will rank among the best.Marco Di Vaio of the Montreal Impact was named to the 2013 MLS Best XI on Tuesday, recognizing the leagues top 11 players at each field position. The striker, who was named the teams MVP for 2013, is also nominated for the 2013 MLS Volkswagen Most Valuable Player Award after leading the team in scoring and finishing third in the league with 20 goals, including five game-winners, in 33 games played. He became just the 11th player in league history to reach thhe 20-goal plateau in a single season.dddddddddddd Of the top three marksmen in MLS, hes the only player to have scored all of his goals through the run of play (no PK attempts). This is the first time an Impact player received this honour since the clubs entry in MLS. On October 15, the Impact announced that the club exercised its option on Di Vaios contract for 2014 as the Italian striker agreed to return to the Impact for one more season. Cheap Barcelona Jerseys Cheap Real Madrid Jerseys Authentic Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Cheap Dortmund Jerseys Cheap USA Jerseys Cheap USWNT Jerseys France Soccer Jerseys Soccer Mexico Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Cheap Belgium Soccer Jerseys Brazil Jerseys From China Germany Jerseys From China Authentic Soccer Mexico Jerseys Cheap Portugal Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Spain Jerseys Cheap France Football Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Authentic Cheap Mexico Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Colombia Jerseys Cheap Belgium Football Jerseys Wholesale Argentina Jerseys Cheap USA Soccer Jerseys China cheap uswnt jersey authentic Authentic AC Milan Jerseys Discount Arsenal Jerseys Wholesale A.S. Roma Jerseys Wholesale Atletico Madrid Jerseys Chelsea Jerseys From China Barcelona Jerseys From China Cheap Bayern Munich Jerseys Authentic Borussia Dortmund Jerseys Authentic Inter Milan Jerseys Authentic Juventus Jerseys Cheap Leicester City Jerseys Wholesale Liverpool Jerseys Authentic Manchester City Jerseys Authentic Manchester United Jerseys Cheap Paris Saint-Germain Jerseys Authentic Real Madrid Jerseys Sevilla Jerseys For Sale Tottenham Hotspur Jerseys Outlet ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Ein Kostenloses Forum von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz